Aboriginal Throughcare

What do you do - can you get me a house?

Our staff work with you for three months pre-release, helping to put things into place ready for release whether you are to be released to freedom or parole.

We may be able to offer short term Outcare accommodation if there are vacancies around your release date.

We will help you to source long term, affordable accommodation during your 12-months support period as a post-release client.

Career Development

Can you get me a job?

The Career Development Program offers careers counselling only. If you would like some information on career advice please call (08) 6263 8622.

CIP Adults

Are you registered with NDIS?

Yes. CIP Adults is registered to deliver individual supports to clients in the metro area. If you, or a person you want to refer to the program, are currently in a metro area prison, or in the community and at risk, our program staff can discuss your individualised plan.

I have a goal to get accommodation and get a job. Can CIP Adults help me?

If you are registered with Disability Services Commission as eligible for service, we can help. The program currently supports young people and adults whilst they are in prison or in the community. These supports are individualised, which identifies outcomes that you may want to achieve through person centred planning. Outcare can support people with daily living skills, assistance with domestic duties, accommodation and tenancy obligations, your wellbeing, assistance to access community, social and recreational activities and case management.

My son is currently in Banksia Hill Detention Centre and registered with Disability Services Commission. Can Outcare work with him?

If you contact us directly, we can speak to Disability Services Commission and organise a person centred plan. We can liaise with other services to ensure support is facilitated for clients both pre and post release.


Will you tell my parents what we talk about?

We work directly with you, not your family. We will not disclose anything that you do not want us to. We can also offer support to help you talk to your family if you request it.

How long will you be able to work with me?

Links does not have a time limit on how long we can work with you. We will support you through court and with any goals that you may identify you need support with before or after court has finished. We will withdraw support when you are feeling better mentally, in a safe environment and things are going well – or if you no longer feel that you need our support.

Will I have to come to court to meet with you for our appointments?

No. After the initial assessment meetings at court, we will organise to have our following appointments in the community so that we can complete the goals identified by you. You may have to come to court now and then to see the court-based team (for example, if you haven’t been feeling great or have a health concern), or for court appearances, but we will not schedule appointments with you at court if we can see you somewhere else.


What kind of support can you provide me with and where?

We provide support with crisis accommodation, training, education, driving lessons, Transperth travel vouchers, Woolworths gift cards, licences and basic needs. We can provide support at Banksia Hill Detention Centre, clients’ homes, communal areas (such as McDonalds, parks or the library).

St John of God’s Women’s Program

I was released from prison 6 months ago. Can I please access support from your St John of God Program?

Clients can still be referred to the St John of God Women’s Program after release from custody. We assess eligibility for the program on a case-by-case basis and may be able to provide support post release. Please contact Outcare reception on (08) 6263 8622 for more information.

Start Court

How is Start Court different from other courts?

The Start Court provides support from a dedicated team of professionals following an assessment of your mental and social needs. We can support you through the court processes, assist you with your mental health treatment and any other issues you need to address.

This may include:

  • Presenting in court
  • Referral to other services
  • Assistance with medication
  • Accommodation
  • Family issues
  • Education or employment
  • Advocacy